DIY Tips to Keep Your AC System Running Smoothly
Owning an AC system can be equal parts comforting and challenging. While it provides you with cool and freshened air, a malfunctioning unit can be quite a headache. As such, today, we bring you a few handy tips to ensure your cooling system remains in top shape. This piece of content is brought to you by Highlands Quality Climate Control, your trusted local experts in AC repair and maintenance.
1. Regularly Change Or Clean Your AC Filters: One of the most important maintenance tasks that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters. Over time, dirt and dust can block the normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly.
2. Check Thermostat Settings: Checking your thermostat ensures that the air conditioner keeps your home at the right temperature when you are there and a bit higher when you are not, and helps save energy.
3. Inspect The Condenser Unit Fan: Turn off your air conditioner and check the fan mounted on the top of the outside condenser unit to make sure it’s still in good condition. Replace the fan blades if there are any cracks or chips visible in one or more blades.
4. Clean The Outdoor Condenser Unit: Over time, dirt, leaves, grass clippings, and other debris might accumulate around the outdoor condenser unit. It’s beneficial and necessary to clean the area around the unit to prevent these things from reducing the system’s capacity and airflow.
5. Seek Professional Help: While DIY maintenance can help prolong your unit’s life, ensure that you seek professional help for thorough maintenance. Professionals at Highlands Quality Climate Control can repair any specific issues that your cooling system might have and ensure it runs efficiently.
Remember, your AC system is a crucial part of your home, especially during the summer period. Timely inspection, professional maintenance, and using these DIY tips can ensure your cooling system remains in the best shape. The team at Highlands Quality Climate Control is always ready to help with AC repairs and other climate control services. Always keep these tips in mind when owning an AC system, and remember, your comfort is our priority.
Note: Always switch off your AC and unplug it before performing any DIY tips to prevent any mishaps.